Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just being meself last night....reborn again eerrmm.

...Guess it was some hours before dawn I woke up to find myself already in motion, pushing back the blanket from a semi sitting position, and then rising to my feet. Not too clear to myself when exactly i became conscious, nor does it seem relevant.
I stand across the bed naked - i sleep naked as always for the pleasurable sensation. The wrist watch shows three fifty and i have no idea what am doing out of bed; i don't need to relieve myself, nor was i disturbed by a dream or anything that happened on the day before, or any event of the world. It's as if, standing there naked in the darkness, i materialised out of nothing, fully developed or formed, unencumbered.
...I don't feel tired, despite the sweaty labours performed on the island, nor my conscience troubled by any recent case or event. In fact, am bloody alert and empty-headed plus inexplicably elated. With nothing in mind, no motivation at all, i move towards the lounge area and experience such ease and lightness that i thought i was dreaming or sleepwalking across. Fortunately, dreams don't interest me; that this should be real is a richer posibility and am entirely myself, am certain of it, and i know that sleep was behind me; to know the diffirence between it and waking, to know the boundaries, is the essence of sanity.
...the lounge area is large and uncluttered, as i walked across it with almost comic facility, the propect of the experience ending kind of saddens me briefly, then that thought was gone. I have actually stepped down the longhouse stairways to the beach front where i would normally be most of the time, feeling my skin tightens as the cold early morning air pours in around me, now with only a sarung which i must have automatically caught hold before leaving the bed room.
...i looked above me but don't immediately understand what am seeing, though i think i do. In the first moment, in my eagerness and curiosity, i assumes proportions on a planetary scale; it's a meteor burning out in the sky above, traversing left to right, low on the eastern horizon, though well clear of the island hilly slope.
...But surely meteors have a darting, needle like quality. Expecting to see them in a flash before their heat consumes them. But this was moving slowly, majestically even kind of. In that very instant, i revised my perpective outward to the scale of the solar system; this object is not thousands but millions of miles distance, far out in space swinging in timeless orbit around and across the universe. Eerrmmmm !!!! it's a comet, tinged with yellow, with its familiar bright core trailing its fiery envelope.
...am indeed thrilled by the sight before the comet disappeared across the morning sky but its too extraordinary not to share !.
...i walked along the beach front to the jetty and back with Jane ensuring the craps are not blocking my way, before the first sunlight hits the eastern horizon on Kapas Island with me alone on the island but reborn to a new day.