Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Religions and my take....to a buddy.


"Faith in GOD"



Ivan
,,,,same here buddy, am not that religious too myself in practice but strong in faith in all religions in/across the world at large.
,,,for some practices, like meditation, yoga and vegetarianism, are undertaken for a spiritual purpose. This tends to be thought to characterize Eastern religion more than Western. Perhaps this comes from the perception that Eastern religion is more marked than Western religion by mysticism. This perception might be true to some degree,but even Western religious traditions that eschew mystical practices often have many practices and rituals which could count as a 'spiritual practice.'
,,,In any case, Western religions, speaking generally, tend to focus on professed theological ideas more than in the east. The Islamic salat, for example, confesses the shahada, and Christian prayer in its many forms often focuses on God, God's character, Christ, or the surroundings of the person praying.
,,,By contrast, Buddhist meditation focuses on deepening our experience and understanding of the mind or of Buddha, these things often being understood to be the same thing. In Zen practising koans focuses on the contemplation of unsolvable paradoxes as a tool for the emptying of the mind or no-self.
,,,am lucky in the sense that I was brought up in an open minded family, my dad sends all his children to various types of school, in my case to ASC Ipoh where-by I attended christian classes in the morning and islamic studies in the evening, it was not compulsory for me to attend the christian classes but was encouraged by my dad to learn other religions while at that tender age too !. There is a Hindu temple close to our home too and I was allowed to participate in many of their religious activities with my hindu friends. My mother's side of the family has Thai blood and some of her relatives are still Buddhist and I learn more about Buddhism too later in life for better appreciation of the good teachings of Lord Buddha too. In fact, I brought my wife to Bangkok way back in 1983 to study more about the teachings too. She studied in the Convent School in Alor Star, Kedah, as such is very open minded on religious matter, she is a very devoted Muslim both in ritual & practice as compared to myself-lah !.
,,,For all the troubles in the world, its the individual not the religion that causes trouble and hardship to fellow human beings. I silently hope and pray for all to open their hearts to GOD and to practise kindness to fellow beings/animals/plants and be greatful at all times while/for being born to taste the fresh air and sunshine as one live b4 one pass away finally.

,,,Life and living is/are very precious and time limited. Lets make the best of our day and have peace of mind and best of health always.
,,,One of my best of friends is a Jew and we don't have any issues regarding religion ?!.
,,,Mind you, am color blind too ,,,,,hahaha !!.,,,,,,perhaps an Adonist on an island in the middle of the South China Sea somewhere ?. hohohoo !!

Regards,,,,to your other half too yaa !!.

Capt.